Not having a good day can be totally normal. Every single person on earth, at some point or another might feel like they are just sick and tired, sad, angry to the point where no one wants to do anything anymore. Believe it or not, there are around 264 Million people suffering from mental health issues. Some people may even go as far as calling it depression, but what is really behind those feelings? How to deal with them and prevent this from happening again?
Top Reasons Why you are feeling not well emotionally
There are numerous factors and they emanate from different walks and phases of life. Here are some of the notable ones.
- Lack of sleep : Your sleeping pattern has changed lately, and you are not feeling well enough to get up early and go about your day like normal.
- Procrastination : Researchers believe that these feelings could be related with lack or loss of sleep. So what happens when we deprive ourselves from sleeping? This acts as a stimulant in our nervous system, making us feel edgy, irritable, and anxious.
- Tiredness : You don’t feel well physically, which could lead you to feeling down in moods, and This makes it even harder for people who are already inclined towards this kind of behaviour; depression can be linked to lack of sleep, tiredness, or illness. It might also be triggered by physical pain such as joint aches or muscle tension. When we suffer from something physical, our brain perceives these sensations as danger signals triggering anxiety-related responses such as fear.
- Bad day : Top Reasons for feeling not well emotionally We all have bad days sometimes when we get stuck in traffic, or when our afternoon meeting is postponed. Not having a good day can be totally normal. Each and everyone at some point or another might feel like that they are just sick and tired, sad, angry to the point where no one wants to do anything anymore.
- Negative Thoughts : Each person on earth has negative thoughts from time to time, but when they start taking over everything in your life, it may indicate some sort of depression, anxiety disorder, or other mental illness. Even though these disorders are considered an illness, one should never forget about yourself, even for a moment, because nobody can do that instead of you.
- Death of a Loved One : It is totally natural to feel this way and experience all sorts of emotions after the death of a loved one, such as denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. However, these feelings should start dissipating with time, so if they don’t, or you find that you are struggling more than usual, then professional help might be necessary.
- Change in life : Any kind of change in our lives can bring about the uncertainty which often leads to anxiety and fear. This could be anything from a change in job, moving to a new place, starting or finishing school, etc. It is important to remember that change is often good, and it is normal for things to feel uncertain initially.
- Negative body image : Many people nowadays are struggling with their body image, which can be caused by different factors such as social media, advertising, or even just genetics.
- Bullying : Bullying can have long-term effects on someone’s mental health and wellbeing. It can cause low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and even suicide. If you are being bullied, it is important to tell somebody you trust; this could be a friend, family member, or teacher.
- Stress : Everyone experiences stress at some point in their lives, but when it starts taking over everything, it becomes a problem. Stress can be caused by different things such as work, money problems, relationships, etc. It is important to find ways to manage stress, such as exercise, relaxation techniques, etc. so that it does not hurt our mental health.
- Alcohol and drug abuse : Abusing drugs or alcohol is never the answer and can often lead to more problems than solutions. It can cause different anger, depression, and even suicidal thoughts. If you feel like you have a problem with drugs or alcohol, it is important to ask for help to prevent this from becoming a bigger issue.
- Illness : Getting prolonged sickness can be really frustrating and has its benefits because it forces us to take care of ourselves, at least sometimes. However, if someone gets sick frequently, it might signify that something is wrong, and they should see a doctor. Often when people are not feeling well emotionally, they do not feel like themselves, which can lead to them ignoring their physical health as well.
How to Get over your Emotional Breakdown?
If you are struggling with your mental health or have experienced something that has caused you to feel overwhelmed, it might not be easy to pull through. First of all, just because someone is going through a tough time does not mean they should stop living and being happy. However, their happiness will come from different places now, so don’t expect things to go back to how they used to be. It can take some time, but eventually, everything will get better.